The year is soon coming to an end an here we look at the films that made most moolah this time. Although, we still have some big movies lined up in the last leg of the year, like Zero and 2.0, we believe that the list will be more or less the same. So lets just dive straight into it.
**All the figures are net collections across India and not considering Overseas performance.
1. Sanju - 336.19 Crore** : Based upon the controversial star, Sanjay Dutt, Sanju , opened up with huge expectations and although the critics received it with a mixed response, Sanju, was liked by audience in a huge way. Takes the number 1 spot this year.
2. Padmaavat - 284.68 Crore** : We had mentioned in our review of Padmaavat , that this may be the biggest movie of the year so far. More or less we stand on our predictions and this has now successfully become the second biggest movie of the year surpassing Race3 and Gold, which were the other big contenders. Well, atleast before the release.
3. Avengers: Infinity War - 224.08 Crore** : Yes, we know. This is supposed to be a bollywood lineup, but Thanos does not seem to agree. The hindi dubbed version of Infinity War, did rake up a lot of moolah.
4. Race 3 - 169.25 Crore** : Although this was released with higher than sky expectations, poor story, lack of good script and cheesy acting did way for much lesser collections. Could tank up close to 170 Crore, which was abysmal.
5. Baaghi 2 - 158.2 Crore** : Action fans can cherish, as they found a new action hero in the form of Tiger Shroff. Remake of a telugu movie "Kshanam", Baaghi 2, surprised the audience and the critics with great action and story.
6. Thugs of Hindostan - 135 Crore** : Thugs of Hindostan promised the general audience an experience worth remembering, but it seems that the audience has given the makes of this movie an experience worth remembering. Sluggish story, inadequate script and even a dancing Aamir Khan, could not save this film.
7. Stree - 121.51 Crore** : Rajkummar Rao surprises everyone with his acting skills and he didn't disappoint this time with Stree.
8. Raazi - 120.45 Crore** : Raazi, was really an uplifting and empowering movie and had garnered lot of praise from the critics as well the general movie going audience. Earned a lot of appreciation of the main lead, Alia Bhatt.
9. Badhaai Ho - 117.2 Crore** : Conceptually new and refreshing, Badhaai Ho, generated a lot of interest and has done most of its business in small centers and urban areas.
10. Gold - 104.12 Crore** : The incredible true story of India's first Olympic Gold Medal, made quite an impact in the first half of the year and made a good amount of money too.